Type of Information We Collect
We collect information about visitors to our Site in order to provide an experience that is responsive to our visitors´ needs. We may collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from you in connection with: (i) fulfilling reservation or information requests, (ii) purchasing products, and/or (iii) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations). We collect such information only with your knowledge. The types of PII that we collect may include your name, home, work and e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers, credit card information, date of birth, gender, and lifestyle information (i.e., room preferences, leisure activities, names and ages of children) and other information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require special room accommodations).
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you (i.e., IP addresses, domains, browser type and version, and operating system) and aggregated data relative to your use of the Site and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
Collection of Information
We collect information via our Site that you voluntarily provide to us, for example, by completing online forms or e-mailing us. You will always be given the choice not to submit your PII or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. In addition, we use various web tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other technology that are sent to and stored on your hard drive. This will automatically collect and log web usage data from you when you visit our Site. Information, including your IP address, referring website, pages viewed, and length of visit, informs us about how you use and navigate our Site, and helps us monitor, customize, and enhance your experience on the Site. Such Site usage information is not PII, unless it is associated with other information by which you can be personally identified.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you have received a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. You have the option to reject our cookies and still use our Site, but you may not be able to access or use some of the features we offer on our Site.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We are fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of PII furnished by, or collected from, visitors while using our Site, products, and services. It is our practice not to ask you for PII unless we need it or intend to use it. Some of the primary purposes for collecting your PII are as follows:
- Providing services such as processing a transaction (e.g., making a reservation, fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order);
- Marketing and communications with you in relation to the products and services offered by us, Gib.shopping, and our and their strategic marketing partners and other trusted third parties;
- Providing contests and special offers to you for your voluntarily participation; and
- Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improving the effectiveness of our Website, your hotel experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities.
- When we have received your consent to do so;
- In situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer or provide you products or services you desire (e.g., a vacation package);
- In case of emergency (i.e., to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual).
In addition to the circumstances described above, we may disclose information: (i) if required to comply with law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authority, (ii) or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, to protect the rights or properties of us or our Affiliated Parties; (iii) when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or (iv) when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
If your PII is shared as mentioned above, we seek to limit the scope of information that is furnished to the extent necessary for the performance of the specific function. Unless otherwise precluded by, we require third parties to agree to protect your PII, abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations, and we grant to such third parties no independent rights to the PII. We may use aggregated, non-personally identifiable information for purposes of: (i) website administration and (ii) to compile information about usage of our Website and services. We may share aggregated information (which does not contain your PII) with third parties (i.e., advertisers and marketing partners).
Access to PII/ Ability to Opt Out
Gib.shopping assures customers that Prices displayed online on Gib.shopping will not be greater than those offline in the sellers physical premises in accordance with our Price Transparency Rule.
Customers are in their right to change their minds. However; Cancelled sales once the item has been dispatched for shipping/ delivery (i.e. on route), are deemed partially fulfilled and customers will need to pay the return shipping/ delivery of the item to be returned to the seller. See also Refunds and Returns Policy.
Gib.shopping will always attempt to protect your Consumer Rights, but understand that there may be occasions where consumers and sellers may be in disagreement. Your Consumer Rights are protected by Gibraltar Law and can be referenced to from the HMGoG website and/or the OFT: Consumer Protection.
Consumer Protection: email@example.com
Price Transparency Rule
Your business/ physical store and your online store agree to sell either goods, e-goods or services at the same price offline as online, which ensures consumer confidence. Businesses found to be breaking the Price Difference Rule will be suspended from the service for a minimum period of 7 days. The suspension period will be determined by the severity and on repeat infringement.
Businesses that sell to consumers have a duty not to engage in any practices that may mislead consumers. Whether something is misleading to the point where it is illegal would have to be looked at on a case by case basis. Insofar to Pricing Gib.shopping would only welcome a price difference should there be a lesser price for an ‘exclusive online offer’.
Product Upload Restrictions
Google and payment gateway providers do not allow apps and websites to do the following. For these reasons Gib.shopping will not allow the sale or advertising of such products.
Marijuana and derivative products: that facilitate the sale of marijuana or marijuana derivative products (e.g. CBD), regardless of legality in the host country.
- Allowing users to order marijuana through an in-app shopping cart feature.
- Assisting users in arranging delivery or pick up of marijuana.
- Facilitating the sale of products containing THC(Tetrahydrocannabinol), including products such as CBD oils containing THC.
Alcohol and Tabaco: Google and payment gateways do not allow apps and websites that facilitate the sale of tobacco (including e-cigarettes and vape pens) or encourage the irresponsible use of alcohol or tobacco.
For this reason the Vendor of such items must segment such items into a specific collection where Gib.shopping will add an Age Verification Prompt. The Vendor must notify Gib.shopping of such an upload and provide a link to the collection. Further protections are included under our Child Protection Policy, specifically under the 18+ Goods and Services section. This includes Age Verification by delivery services.
Example violations include:
- Depicting or encouraging the use or sale of alcohol or tobacco to minors.
- Implying that consuming tobacco can improve social, sexual, professional, intellectual, or athletic standing.
- Portraying excessive drinking favourably, including the favourable portrayal of excessive, binge or competition drinking.
For more information: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9878810/
Firearms and replicas: The sale of firearms and replicas is illegal in Gibraltar and heavily regulated. Vendors cannot sell or advertise such items.
Unapproved Substances: Google and payment gateway providers do not allow apps that promote or sell unapproved substances, irrespective of any claims of legality. Whilst these may be sold freely in Gibraltar, such items cannot be listed on Gib.shopping. Examples:
- All items on this non-exhaustive list of prohibited pharmaceuticals and supplements
- Products that contain ephedra.
- Products containing human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in relation to weight loss or weight control, or when promoted in conjunction with anabolic steroids.
- Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients.
- False or misleading health claims, including claims implying that a product is as effective as prescription drugs or controlled substances.
- Non-government approved products that are marketed in a way that implies that they’re safe or effective for use in preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment. The approval of such items by HM Government of Gibraltar does not mean these are allowed to be listed.
- Products that have been subject to any government or regulatory action or warning.
- Products with names that are confusingly similar to an unapproved pharmaceutical or supplement or controlled substance.
For additional information on the unapproved or misleading pharmaceuticals and supplements that we monitor, please visit www.legitscript.com
Gib.shopping values the loyalty of those who have registered their business solely on Gib.shopping and not on comparable sites. Those who have done so, will benefit from our existing vast database and be included in our periodic mailshots and marketing. Additionally; loyal businesses will have access to our Private facebook group for Exclusive and FREE material that will make your business stand out from the rest.
Gib.shopping retains the right to exclude any business from such marketing initiatives such as Gib.discounts, Gib.holiday and Gib.tours.
Data Sharing by Vendors
Data sharing by vendors is strictly prohibited.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to complete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (Sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Extract and use or replicate any copyright company logos and
comparison charts, brochures, proprietary photos and videos or any other
original identifying marks and marketing materials, papers and lab reports. Not for use without permission or to harm or make defamatory communications against this company, it’s products and website.
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by either: (1) providing your Third-Party Account login information through the Site; or (2) allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third-Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account.
By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that (1) we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and (2) we may submit to and receive from you Third-Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third-Party Account. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then Social Network Content may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your Third-Party Accounts at any time.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENTS(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content. You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Site. You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your Third-Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable). We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third-Party Account, except the username and profile picture that become associated with your account.
Updates to the Policy
We may amend this or any other Policy from time to time, without notice to you, in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our visitors, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers. Updated versions will be posted to our Website and the “last updated” date at the top of this Policy will be revised so that you are always aware of when the Policy was last updated. If there are any major material changes, we will notify you and request your consent.